- 5 cups rolled oats
- 2-3 cups of raw almonds or pecan halves (or other nuts)
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds (or sunflower seeds)
- ¾ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup wheat germ or ground flax seed
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- Options: ½ – 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the wet ingredients together, and then stir into dry ingredients. Stir well to mix thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture into two baking dishes. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, or until evenly golden brown. Stir every 10 minutes to ensure even browning. Stir again when removed from oven to keep it from cooling into a solid mass. The granola will crisp as it cools. Store in the refrigerator in a large zip lock bag or other airtight container. Makes about 10 cups.